Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Birthday Boy

To celebrate Colin's 30th, the whole Gallahan family met up in NYC for the weekend... SO fun! Will stayed with Mimi & Granddad in Richmond (and bought out every single toy at the neighborhood yard sale), but Thomas got to fly for the first time and lived it up in the Big Apple. We wandered around the city, saw Spamalot, ate lots of great food, visited Derek & Renee's Manhattan apartment, and braved the masses of people everywhere we went. The highlight for Colin was his attendance at the NFL draft...those of you who know him well should appreciate what this meant to him :) He did have to wait in line from 4-10am Saturday morning in order to get a ticket, but he was rewarded with his very own seat in Radio City Music Hall to witness what he's always loved watching on TV... and no, I didn't go. I got to catch up with my good college friend Stephanie instead, which was wonderful. I love love love pretending like I live in a big city (especially that one) for a time, but it was calming to get back to the 'burbs. Back to my car, grassy backyard, and peaceful neighborhood streets. It does make me remember how much I love travel though...with kids, it's hard to get away, but I look forward to future adventures as the boys get older...
The hordes of crazy men waiting in line with my equally football-crazy husband...

Thomas & his cousin Nell got to spend some quality time together...

1 comment:

John & Alison said...

Nice birthday present. How will you top that next year?