Monday, September 11, 2006

Just Cruisin'



Will loves to cruise around our house, moving from couch to table to window drapes to TV to whatever else might be nearby. He loves his new fire engine shoes & is getting lots of use out of them with all that "walking" around.

This weekend was fun, since Colin was off for TWO days in a row! Amazing. We swam again in nearby Fall's Lake and witnessed a rather looong black snake's capture by park rangers on the shore--a tad disconcerting. Will moved up to the big boy Toddler I room in the church nursery, and he did much better. I guess he just needed more "mature" companions (or maybe he just appreciated the graham crackers they fed him). We also had company--my friend Kerri--so it was good to have another woman in the house to balance out all the football being watched, listened to, & talked about. Ahh--my respite from the pigskin madness is over. It's amusing to see Colin once again so revved up...this is his favorite time of year, after all!

This week holds play group, story time, Will's 9 month checkup, & his first swimming lesson (just signed us up for that!)... And the following week is Colin's first vacation week of the year--To the beach we go! Hopefully all is well after Ernesto...

I turned the news on for a few minutes, & Will was mesmerized by Matt Lauer.

Can't see them here, but 2 more teeth have come in on top! When I remember, Will loves to have his teeth brushed...I'm so proud of his interest in oral hygiene :-)

1 comment:

WASPy Girl said...

My Mom threw me into the pool at a very young age too. Ultimately, it was a very good decision on her part. It's so sad when young children are scared of the water...and dangerous if they can't basically swim.